SMPlayer is a free multimedia player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. It doesn’t need any external codecs. Just install SMPlayer and you’ll be able to play all formats without the hassle to find and install codec packs.
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave. don’t worry, when you open that movie again it will be resumed at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume.
- SMPlayer supports the most known formats and codecs: avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264… you can play all of them, thanks to its built-in codecs. You don’t need to find and install third party codecs.
- SMPlayer can play YouTube videos and it’s also available an optional plugin to search for YouTube videos.
- SMPlayer comes with several skins and icon themes, so you can easily change the look of the player.
- SMPlayer can search and download subtitles
- SMPlayer includes many advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer… and many more.
- SMPlayer is available for Windows and Linux. SMPlayer is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.
- SMPlayer is free and open source. SMPlayer is under the GPL license.
What’s New :
- SMPlayer works again on Windows XP (32 bit packages only).
- Two new actions to take screenshots with or without subtitles (they only work when using mpv). Assigned by default to Ctrl+Shift+S and Ctrl+Alt+S.
- New action which displays the filename in the OSD for 2 seconds. Assigned by default to Shift+O.
- New option osd_bar_pos for smplayer.ini. It specifies the position of the OSD bar (0 = top, 100 = bottom).
- The support for DVD menus has been removed. It never worked well and also mpv already removed support for it a long time ago.
- The option to open an informative page after an upgrade has been removed.
Download Link :
-> 32bit – SMPlayer 17.12.0 Latest (36.5 MB) | Via Sendit
-> 64bit – SMPlayer 17.12.0 Latest (38.3 MB) | Via Sendit